Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Perplexed by Nature

I love puzzles; not only puzzles but board games, action figures, quizzes and riddles!

I grew up playing a lot of Funskool and Mattel toys. I always enjoyed solving puzzles and playing with Lego. I’ve always been fascinated with the concept of ‘finding a solution’. The Rubik’s cube is by far my favorite toy, I still play with the cube sometimes!

Back in Nasik, during my school days, I was an active participant in I.T quizzes and debates. I’ve participated in the Tata Crucible Business Quiz’s Singapore edition and finished as the Runner Up for the past two years. In fact, as I write the post, we’re preparing to take on the winners from India and UK in the first International Final which is to be held in India next month.

My fascination with math and problem solving led me to pursue a degree in Computer Science.

I spend a lot of hours by the computer, solving programming questions or playing strategy games. It is interesting how we weave ourselves into virtual worlds and create meta-verses to dwell in. It isn’t a farce that everything is getting digitized, so are our lives.

With change all around you it’s not difficult not to be perplexed. Variance is so evident and anticipated that ‘change’ has become as buzzword, especially during the last US Presidential elections.

As a student, I view this scenario of restructuring as an opportunity to learn more than ever.

To be inquisitive as ever.

To be perplexed by instinct!

No comments:

Post a Comment