Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Student's Diary

A Student’s Diary

I was longing to write this post. Hope it connects with students all over...

Universities are interesting places. They’re viewed by many as crucibles for producing the future. Sounds like a very serious affair doesn’t it?

Well it’s not as grim as it sounds, at least not by my experience. Here, I’ve met one of the most interesting people in my life. We have a huge pool of international students in Singapore. I’ve got friends from Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia and France to just name a few. Every student brings with them elements of their culture to the university. We celebrate festivals and cultural events as if they were our very own.

Singapore is a melting pot in many ways. It has a vibrant, multicultural society and welcomes foreigners with great warmth.
There are places where you can get the tastiest authentic and fusion cuisine from the world over. It’s no secret that Singapore is a safe haven for the adventurous party lovers.

The institutions here maintain very high standards and boast of an excellent infrastructure. I spend a lot of time browsing through the library and reading books on various topics. Every once a while, I also visit the gymnasium on campus. Singapore is full of activity. At SIM, we have interest groups like sports, leadership, community and academics. These groups organize events, talks, tournaments and get-togethers round the year.

I’d say we get a good balance of academics and co-curricular activities. Our interaction with the industry is also an added benefit. Studying here has helped me develop my analytical, empirical and people skills alike.

It has been a rewarding and priceless experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment